Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Game of Love

They say it's easy to tell
They say that they can see
The love, the passion, that's welled up in me
Is it so easy?
To see right through my eyes
To see my dreams that tore and tattered
For when I lost you, it made me realize
I love you now more then I did then
Don't know what to say to you
After all I've already said
I want you, I need you, come back to me
However I think of my words
They come out as a plea
I don't think you realize
What you can do
Turn my thoughts around, my world spinning
With pathetic, love-sick memories of you
Sometimes I almost think you feel the same way
The way you stare, the way you look
Even the things you say
Then your head is turned around
You shift your eyes to her
And I realize, whatever I am to you
It seems that she's much more
I know everyone stares at her
Because of the way she talks
They get caught up in her beauty
Follow her like a love sick flock
I almost let myself believe
You wouldn't get caught up in her game
But whenever I see how you talk, how you look at her
I deperately wish you'd treat me the same
I used to be more than a friend to you
You used to tell me how you missed me
I used to think it was true
Now I wonder if it ever was
I question all I've heard from you
So you remain what you always were
The one who still has my heart
I hope you're not in love with her
Cause that could tear it apart
Maybe she'll always be the one
You'll always long for her kiss
Maybe I'll never again be the one
Who you say you miss
But even if I never am
And she always will be
I hope someday you'll change your mind
And fall back in love with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home